View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 07:46 PM   #9
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandawash View Post
Hey Ann, he vomitted well after the meal, like 8 hours. I just posted another thread in the sick section, we are actually treating him for possible ulcers with sucralfate, as he has still had those yucky burps and it all started after stress. His poo is completely normal so we're not thinking any serious infection at this point. We didn't do bloodwork this time, yet anyways, as it's always normal.... Oh, and yes, I did add the digestive enzymes..

I think at this point the vet doesn't think it's the raw, but does have concerns with Ranger and his sensitive system on it. I am thinking the dehydrated raw may be a good compromise...
That's right! The boarding stuff, I forgot about that from before. I wonder if he is fighting something, or caught a bug that has turned into gastritis or something. Or, like you're indicating - if he does have a propensity toward ulcers, it seems logical that boarding would bring it on.

NV makes freeze dried raw too, so I don't know if you want to go that route - much pricier than raw frozen. But, if they do happen to like the HK you might be in luck. I know there are members on here whose dogs love the HK, but there are also many who tried it, and their babies didn't. I think they do give free samples (I think).

Poor Ranger! Do give him some hugs and kisses from us. I bet you're just beside yourself in wanting answers.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!