View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 07:33 PM   #13
cookiesmommy
Yorkie Talker

Well, another unsucessful night <sigh>

I tried to have an evening of positive interactions with Cookie...lots of fun, playing, obedience for food, etc.

It happened again. He was up on the couch (it's happened on the floor also) and he flipped out on me out of the blue....baring his teeth, lunging at me, barking viciously, etc. I just don't know what to do. We're trying to keep him off the couch, but he jumps up, flips out, and then attacks. He's behaving extremely violently...so much so that it's scary to try to pick him up to take him off of the couch....he's attempting to bite. I can't really get near him.

When my roommate yelled, "Cookie, NO!" he immediately stopped, cowered, and came submissively over to me and pressed himself up to me..and licked my hand. It was like watching him do a sudden and total personality change from Cujo to a sweet little puppy in an instant.

I was then able to pick him up and put him in the crate upstairs for a while (about 45 minutes, I think). He didn't bark or anything. When I let him out, he pressed himself up against me again and I just started crying.

This happens EVERY night. I don't know how to make it stop. And what kills me is that he never did this for the first year that we had him.

Please give me some ideas of what to do.

Thanks,
Kathy
cookiesmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!