View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 10:02 AM   #1
Joodles
Yorkie Yakker

Question Adopting an adult

Hi everyone. I just joined the group. I currently don't have a yorkie, (our first yorkie passed away two years ago) but I am adopting two yorkie sisters and they will be flying home to me at the end of January. They have just turned one in November, so I was looking on some advise on how to help the girls to bond with me. They are coming from their breeder and havent really been socialized from what I understand. She tells me that they are shy girls , even to her. I really want these girls to bond with me and love me, and I am concerned that they are a bit too independant and not very social, so I would like to know what I can do to help the process. It sounds like they haven't had too much one on one attention in their lifetime. Will that be a problem or can they overcome it? We do have other dogs here, but they are around other animals in their current home so I'm not so much worried about that. What can I do to get them to attatch themselves to me and my family? Our first yorkie was with us as a puppy, so that was easy, I fear that adopting an adult will be more of a challenge.

thanks for any help you can give me!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!