View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 08:53 AM   #1
ndyorkiemom
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default With Heavy Heart

With a very empty space in my home and heart I let my Asia Blue go to the Bridge this morning at 8:50. Asia was a very small little girl being the runt of her litter weighing only 3 pounds at three years old. After many blood test done late last night at my vets office we found that she was suffering from juvenile renel diease. Something that had shown no signs until the past three or four days. She was being hand fed by me and recieved lactated ringer every 12 hours but it just wasn't enough. In the few days that she was sick she lost 1/2 pound of her much needed weight and just became to weak to continue the fight. My vet informed me that it was very rare for JRD to effect an adult dog but due to her small size at birth (1.2 ounces) and the fact that she never did truely grow he suspected that the diease had been there all along but never showed any signs until recently.In the blood test we found that her BUN level was high which is a sign of JRD, along with the weight loss her blood sugar levels start to drop last night getting down to 48. She was given dextrose at 50% and nothing brought her levels up, her temp dropped down to 95.1 dispite the fact that she was wrapped in heated blankets her body temp failed to come back up. My vet and I did talk about other means of trying to bring her through this but in the end I felt in my heart that if would have been selfish on my part. At 8:00 am when I went to give do her morning feeding I found her not being able to hold her head up and when I looked in her eyes she just seemed to tell me she was ready. So Asia and I took one last ride together and I held her in my arms as she gently went to meet my other babies from the past at the bridge.
REST IN PEACE MY PRECIOUS BOO BOO
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Asia.jpg (59.7 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by ndyorkiemom; 12-23-2008 at 08:55 AM.
ndyorkiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!