View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 07:51 AM   #4
francis53
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Well, I myself have 10 birds, 3 larger parrots and some smaller sized conure, quaker and IRN, that are allowed our everyday. For the most part I haven't had any problems recently with my 7 dogs, 5 being yorkies. My smaller birds don't have thier wings clipped, so they can fly and are safe from the dogs. A couple of my dogs do get excited when the birds fly around, but the others could care less. My bigger birds have the wings clipped so occasionly will get startled and end up on the floor, but my dogs seem to be scared to get to close and since I'm right there to pick them up. Actually the other day one of my African greys ended up on the floor in another room without me noticing and Jewel, my youngest and one (I would think might harm the bird,) just came and got my attention to let me know the bird was down. Blue, our IRN(indian ringneck parrot) actually takes over the kitchen when she comes out, she has her spot where we keep our recycling cans and walks around playing with the cans and all the dogs have learned, the hard way by her beak, to not get to close! Anyway, what I am trying to say, is yes you can have both, you just need to keep a good eye on them while they are out. If you get a puppy it will grow up with your birds and probably won't be that big of a deal to it.
Martha & crew
francis53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!