View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 06:45 AM   #83
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bria View Post
Hi everyone I'm also a newbie here i have a 9 week old puppy named Bria!!
She has been with us for a week now. I have two questions....When she first came home with us we were giving a bag of dry puppy food (Bil-Jac) but she wasn't to keen on it.So we went out and picked up a different dry puppy food (science diet) that one also is a no go!! so we picked up wet puppy food (wellness) that is the only thing she will eat! is it a bad idea to let her eat wet food? we mixed it with dry and she will just spit out the dry parts!
question 2: how long should i wait to take her to the groomer? I have giving her baths at home already but i wasn't sure about the groomer.
Welcome to you and Bria.

You can search and post in the health and diet section about the food situation. BJ and SD foods aren't great but Wellness is fair. Be careful with their kibble though because there has been some concern of fish bones in their fish formula. It is fine to feed only canned but most people disagree with this. Whatever you feed, her teeth should be brushed.

You could post your other question in the Grooming Section. She shouldn't go until at least one or two weeks after her last puppy shot. At tje same time, she should go as soon as possible so she gets used to it. Quite a few of us groom ours yorkies at home because it is much cheaper and then you don't have to worry about neglect, abuse and potentially dangerous situations (like leaving the table while the dog is in a noose and drying cages) while you're not watching.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!