View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 01:22 AM   #4
rosey442
Donating YT Addict

The whole pet population is so sad as they are the first to go when things get tough. As many consider them "disposable" which is incomprehensible to me. These are living creatures who depend on us for everything for them. To suddenly just to abandon them must be so painful and heartwrenching for them (the animals), let alone to not how to even begin to care for themselves.
Thank God that there are no-kill shelters out there along with the various rescue groups. They are a god-send for these pets.
I also believe it is a wonderful thing that many shelters, humane leagues, etc., offer no-cost to free spay/neuter depending upon income. I myself could use this service as I will have to save for several months in order to afford Molly's spay as my income has recently been greatly reduced. Unfortunately, Lancaster's Humane League only offers low cost spay/neuter for feral cats. Unlike Phila. and Pittsburgh's shelters that have low to no-cost spay/neuter for low income people as myself. I will however, manage somehow. I would never not have it done, nor would Molly go without. It's too bad more people don't feel this way and be more responsible pet owners.
Carolyn
rosey442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!