View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 11:19 PM   #5
tallulahsmom
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeAndMyOlivia View Post
Do you want her to specifically be trained to the piddle pads? Is outside an option? My Olivia's previous owner's said she was pad trained...but I have been 100% unsuccessful with getting her to use a pad! Not once has she used a pad since she's been here. However, she will go outside so I started out taking her outside as soon as she gets out of her crate in the morning, again about an hour later (right before she goes back into her crate and I leave for work); then I take her out as soon as I get home from work. Then for the evening I take her out every 1.5 hours or so - I look at it as opportunity to succeed (with plenty of chances to go). She sometimes only goes a tiny little spot when I take her out - but she definitely knows what I am wanting her to do and she tries! The routine seems important with her.

I tried to take her outside today and she nearly froze to death. About 1/4 of a block from our house she just laid on the ground and would not walk anymore. Her feet were shaking- it was just too cold outside and we just had a huge snow fall too so it was especially cold out. I belive the windsheild made it feel like -30. Her last owner said she did not ever go outside but it seems that she really likes it. I need to get her some boots and a coat though. She was only in a sool sweater and it just was not enough, plus she is not used to being outside much at all. I wonder if she will keep the boots on though? I hope so becuase we would like to get her into the routine of walking everyday. It's good for both of us
tallulahsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!