View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 12:09 PM   #2
phfgkl
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurn7f View Post
Mya has been driving in the car with me since the day I picked her up, so it isn't a rare thing. A lot of weeks it is a daily thing. I purposely took her with me everywhere when I first got her because I remember hearing that getting them used to it can help sickness.

Well...she still gets carsick...she is 7 months old, has a carseat and I drive extra cautious when she's in the car...no hard brakes etc.

I just don't know what to do because a lot of times I can't avoid taking her with me There are certain areas that I drive through that I know will trigger it as they have windier roads and more pot holes and it never fails she gets sick when we go over there...I just don't know what to do to get her over this and used to the car.

My old dog LOVED going for rides in the car.
She has gotten sick in the car ever since you first got her? I just read the other day, when dogs get carsick, actually, there are only a few that really are getting"carsick". Most of them it's more nervousness than anything else. You need to start taking her to the car and sitting in it with the engine running, but, not leaving the driveway (for about 5-10 minutes), then the next step is riding around the block, then graually go a little further. Take her to fun places(a lot of dogs only go in cars when it's to the vets, groomers, etc), they need to know fun places when they go in the car. If that doesn't work, try giving her a ginger snap cookie, believe me, those do help.
phfgkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!