View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 06:37 AM   #1
Ladylavender
YT 500 Club Member

Default Housebreaking Relaspes

This is not about Housebreaking. I have Millie Sage doing really great right now. She is virtually accident free, has pretty much free range of the house, and rings her bell at the door to go outside. She turned 5 months old on 9/25/05. (No peepads, she is strictly an outside pottier)

However, I have been reading on some of the threads here, where members state their yorkies were 100% housebroken (and I am not sure if this means peepad or outside), and somewhere along the line they were not housebroken anymore! That their yorkies began to have frequent accidents, again in the home. (I understanding marking is an issue, but peeing on bedspreads, on top of coffee tables, sofas, ect.. has me concerned).

I am concerned that this is an "expected" stage that yorkies go thru, say around their rebellious months: 7 -9 months old and continues thru their life? Or that maybe there are other factors involved to make a yorkie revert back to "unacceptable" housetraining behavior.

This has me very concerned, as I don't want to go thru "housebreaking" again, since it was a very much "intense" period in all our lives here in my household. I guess if it happens mostly to those who use the "peepads", then I would feel better about it, because I have my own theories about why that happens.

Any input? Any ways to prevent this "stage" from occurring?
Ladylavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!