View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 06:35 AM   #1
tallulahsmom
No Longer a Member

Question Help, our new Yorkie is peeing everywhere!

Hi! We have just adopted a 5 yr. old yorkie girl and she is truly wonderful, the only problem is she keeps peeing on the carpet. We were told that she is piddle pad trained but have yet to see her actually use it. It's only her second day here so maybe she is just getting used to the environment and is confused and anxious. What can we do to help her learn to use the potty in the right place? Should we try to crate training her? or keep her on the pad? I don't think she has ever used a crate for pottying though. We already started a schedule where she eats at 9am and 5pm and we try to get her to use the pad shortly after that but so far it isn't working. Everytime she pees somewhere she runs and hides under the couch before I even have a chance to say something- so I can tell that she knows she did something wrong but I have no idea how to get her to understand she needs to use the pad. If it's confusing for me it must really be confusing for her. We keep her food bowls in the laundry room and a few feet away is her pad. We can close the door and I thought of closing her in there after a meal, but someone mentioned giving her a treat & praise as soon as she uses the pad. I don't think that will work if we have the door closed. Any help/advice would be much appreciated.
tallulahsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!