View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 08:10 PM   #6
chloesMama
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Yep, you can still give homecooked - no problem there .

I feed raw (NV, Primal, or Suzy's) and really love it for my guys. I used to homecook too. Homecooking is very good for them too - but you *really* need to know what you're doing there. Balancing just the cal-phos ratio is extremely complicated and if you don't know how to do it, you can cause short and long-term health issues in your dogs. I can't stress that highly enough. What I liked about moving to raw is that it was a complete diet and I no longer had to re-balance things or wonder.

Btw, I started Marcel on raw when he was under 3 lbs. too and he did great!

That's what I was concerned about. I know I am no where near knowledgeable enough yet to try and design a diet they would be both tasty and nutritionally balanced.... Before joining YT I was giving Science Diet and Beneful , so I am way behind on the nutrition knowledge train.

That is why I was leaning toward the predone raw. Nothing for me to have to figure out as far as balanced nutrition.

One more thing ( I know I keep saying one more and then asking five more ) but should I add salmon oil or a fish oil to the kibble ?

Thanks again
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!