View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 03:30 PM   #4
Erin
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

We never used pads. When Loki was a puppy he had to go out around 2-3 AM and he would whine to wake us up. Eventually he started sleeping through the night. Sammy was 10 months when we got her and she always slept through the night. They wake up around 7:30 - go outside, eat, go outside again and go back to sleep until like 10am. Then they go out probably once an hour until they eat dinner around 4pm and then they typically nap again. Then they are usually pretty active right before bed and outside every hour or so until bedtime.

So, they can nap 2-3 hours without going out but if they are playing or if I am cleaning or moving around the house they follow me and need to go out more often. If I am active they are active, if I am watching TV or something they just nap. If we go out they can stay home by themselves for 3-4 hours and they are fine. Last night we went to a family party and they stayed home from 4-11 and they were OK, but we don't like to do that. We fed them and took them out twice after dinner before we left.

Keep in mind they are 2&4 and house trained. PUPPIES need to go out like every 30-60 minutes when you are house training. But it's not like that forever!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!