Thread: Chicken fat?
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 10:20 AM   #7
Princes mom
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDiana View Post
So I've been searching for a new food to add into our repertoire of foods. I don't want the babies to get bored. I've decided that they are allergic to chicken - when we had them on Wellness CORE Original, they were itchy. When we switched to CORE Ocean, the itching went away. So my logical guess was chicken and we're trying to stay away from it.

My problem is that I'm having a hard time finding a good quality, grain-free food without chicken. I mean, there are a couple but for instance: the only Taste of the Wild formula without chicken is their fish, which we already have. Merrick has a couple but for some reason I am weary about their food - no particular reason, I am just turned off by it. Nature's Variety has their Turkey and Duck formula which I've decided we'll try. I'm also really interested in the Rabbit formula but when I was looking at the ingredients I saw it had chicken fat. Do you think this is enough to trigger an allergy? Should we stay away from and and ALL chicken products?
I would stay away from all of it. Try Blue Buffalo lamb, kibbles or any of their chicken - free products.
Princes mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!