View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 12:00 AM   #8
jexxie
Senior Yorkie Talker

Well, I'm not uneducated completely about yorkies. I have done tons of research and I have seen that different ppl have different prices, etc. I'm not doing this to make a quick buck. I actually hadn't planned on breeding them at all. When I got my female the previous owner told me she was just in heat. And I hadn't even had her a month when I caught her and my male tied. I understand that some breeder breed to make the breed better, but there are many breeders that do breed for money or they wouldn't do it. I see a ton of them on here with pups for sale. I'm not worried about how much money I make, but I'm not going to just give them away because anyone will take a cheap/free dog and breed the life out of them. I did buy a scale before they were born, but it wasn't digital so i'm not going to rely on it. If i went by what it said, all of my pups were less than 3.5 oz. wich I suppose could be possible because she had five. Anyway, thanks for your input. And yes, I would never let them go at 8 weeks and I can't believe anyone let theirs go at 6! Mine are five and don't even have their teeth in yet. And they are way to smalll. I doubt they are anywhere close to even a half a pound. I just started them on soft food and tiny bit at a time. I'm going to increase it gradually over the next few weeks. I hope everything goes well. I'll keep you posted.
jexxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!