View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 09:55 PM   #14
MeAndMyOlivia
YT Addict

Default Seems to be getting worse!

We have had several episodes of the growling/barking since yesterday . He has started playing with the chew/squeaky toys now; my grandson walked near while he was chewing on a toy and he growled/barked at him. I took the toy away and he did not like that at all...I put him on his back and stared him down, saying "nooooo" very firmly (like my daughter said she sees them do on the training tv shows) but he continued growling/barking and even tried to bite me. Finally he stopped and I let him go - then he was fine. It happened again today when he was chewing on a towel in the laundry room; I was leaving the room and wanted him to come with me but he barked/growled at me when I picked him up. Tonight I was at a Christmas program and dh was home with the pupsters; he had the same problem with the chair again - wanted the little guy to get off the chair because he was scratching and biting at it...growled/barked at dh. I am quite at a loss - I have never had to deal with these types of aggression behaviors and I'm not sure I'm handling it right. Surprisingly, he gets along fine with Olivia - it's just us humans he is nasty towards! He's only been here since Sunday...is there hope that he will calm down - even though right now it is getting worse every day???
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!