View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 08:25 PM   #1
QuickSilver
Thor's Human
Donating Member

Question Coloring question

Hi, guys. I still don't have pictures of my baby up, but I have another question.

My guy has a classic yorkie head and body shape. His coat is silky and very fine. However, he does not have classic coloring. Basically, he is one shade lighter than what I would expect. His ears, muzzle, and paws are classically tan, but most of his head and legs are a very pale tan, almost white. His body is a mix of dark and light blue.

Someone asked if he was a silky today, and I started to wonder, with his coloring, maybe he is partially? Is it possible for a yorkie to have such light coloring?

I love him regardless of course, but I'm kind of going over in my head how much I overpaid, and even if he is a pure bred yorkie, I really overpaid. If he's part silky, I really, REALLY overpaid.

He is 2 1/2 years old, so I wouldn't expect him to have any dark spots, but he's just so fair. Maybe he's a Nordic yorkie!

I adopted him from a coworker, who I believe bought him from a pet store. He does not have papers.

I know this might be a tough question without pictures, but what is your experience on coloring?

Last edited by QuickSilver; 12-20-2008 at 08:26 PM.
QuickSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!