View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 01:20 PM   #2
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Lol, it most be the yorkie in him. I've read that Yorkies, aren’t like other breeds, in their wanting to please you, and I agree with this entirely. They almost seem cat like in this way. Usually, you can train a dog, using food, and switch to simple praise and pats, but not with Joey, if he doesn't see a treat coming after he performs several tricks; he quits. I use all his breakfast, and ½ his evening meal for training, and since he's hungry, he's very eager to perform, but training needs to be done when they are hungry, or else you have to entice them with food that is really bad for them. Keep training sessions short, when he's bored go to something else.

Now, that he's no longer a puppy, he doesn't seem to love toys as much, but he does love a couple that make loud noises, especially one that crows like a rooster. Most of the time, he wants us to interact with the toy, either try to grab it or play tug of war. His all-time favorite is "chase me"; he loves this game. Joey does wag his tail a lot, and it would bother me if he didn't. Are you sure your dog is getting enough exercise? Walking and exploring the neighborhood can be fun, and some stores, like Home Depot, don't mind if you walk the aisles, and Joey loves this.

Join today and remove this ad!