Thread: stop the peeing
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 10:34 PM   #7
PrincessDiana
I ♥ Franklin & Maggie
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonja2 View Post
2 girls and three boys all between two and four years old. yes they have all been potty trained and all go potty when they are let out. It seems like they are competing for teratory. one would pee and another will come behind him and pee on top of where the first one did. They do this thtuout the house and even in my bed when they are all on the bed with me. I have to wash the sheets daily and am constantly cleaning up the pee. all the boys are neutered and one of the girls still needs to be spayed.
Is this a new thing of have they always done this?

It does sound like they are marking their territory. Having them spayed/neutered might help. Also, cleaning really well helps - what do you use? I suggest getting a black light and finding all the pee spots in your home. Use an enzyme cleaner like Nature's Miracle or Simple Solution and soak the stain. Let it dry overnight and then go over the stain with a steam cleaner. Until you can break their marking habits, I would invest in some belly bands or diapers to keep your house clean. Then, start training all over again. Do not let them out unsupervised. Baby gate them in the room with you if you have to. If you can't pay attention than they need to be crated or put in a playpen. When you see them start to hike their legs, correct them with a firm no. Keep doing this and they should get the hang of it eventually! It is important to thoroughly clean though because otherwise they will keep smelling it and keep peeing on it.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!