View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 11:57 AM   #1
Tanyag812
Yorkie Talker

Default confused!Is DeZigner in labor

I am very confused. Last night DeZigner started acting really funny. She just couldn't keep still. She was jerking and jumping from the bed all night. She also kept going under my bed and was digging very in my carpet . When I took her to the vet she confirmed that she was indeed pregnant but her vet doesn't do xrays. The place where she referred me to cost $250.00 for a xray. Is that about what it cost? I have been able to see slight movement in her tummy when she is laying on her back. I have tried listening for heartbeats and I hear several up in her rib area but I am confused about telling the difference between her's ands the puppies. DeZigner is still very active but barks a lot at my male yorkie. Her stomach is warm. Is that normal? I took her temp yesterday and it was 101 when I took it this morning it was 99.7. This is her first and last litter because she is only a year and it was an accident. My male yorkie has since been fixed and Dezigner will also be fixed after her whelping. I cannot get her to lay in her whelping bed. She rather lay under my bed which is something that she never did. Dezigner is also having peeing throughout my apartment. She is still very loving and gives millions of kisses every chance she gets but sometimes she doesn't want to be bothered. If she is on my bed and I am rubbing her , she sometimes get up and lay at the bottom where she is by hereself or she goes under my bed. She is resting a lot but when someone knocks at the door she becomes very active running and barking which is something she have always done. Dezigner is a bigger yorkie weighing in at 11 pounds and my male is only 6 pounds. My vet thinks she will do fine whelping because she is so big but I still am unsure about how many puppies she will have. Her xray is not scheduled until December 26, 2008. She had her heat in October but I am unsure when she became pregnant. Her vet just keep saying let nature take it's course but what if she whelps befoire her xray? Does anyone have any advice? Has anyone seen any of these symptoms in a pregnant yorkie? I need lots of advice.
Tanyag812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!