View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 06:30 AM   #1
Drewsgirl08
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default HELP! Regression in potty training!

My 7mo female was doing pretty well with potty training outside. She came to us at 12 weeks paper trained and we transitioned to outside pottying. Then we started a basic obedience class about 6 weeks ago and while she took to some of the commands ok, she did not like to "heel" on a leash. We used to walk her on a leash around the neighborhood no problem, but somehow with this training she started pulling and resisting so much she developed sores on her paws. The trainer said to keep pulling her through it and she'd learn, but this is when she started to regress in other areas. I think she was so stressed out! We tried new training approaches with another trainer, and then stopped going to the class altogether because we're not having so many problems with her. We backed off the training recently to give her a break.

Now she refuses to even walk on grass! We'll take her outside and she stays on the concrete patio. We've given her treats when she does potty outside, which is becoming more and more rare. We've had to go back to the pee pads but she still goes other places if we're not careful. HELP! It seems to be worse if the grass is wet or damp, but now it seems more like all the time. I've tried giving her treats to come onto the grass, and played with her favorite toys on the grass. She'll just stay on the concrete and bark - she wants the treat/toy, but refuses to come on the grass! I've tried to get her to chase me on the grass too, that didn't work either.

Now I've been going back to crate training and even this morning after not having pottied all night, she still hasnt gone after 3 attempts outside and time in her crate in between! I'm getting soooo frustrated!

It doesnt seem like she's sick because she'll hold it outside and potty as soon as she comes in, if not put in her crate. I appreciate your help!
Drewsgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!