View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 08:19 PM   #4
cpuff35
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley V View Post
Truthfully, I don't think it matters. I think it's more dependent on the individual dog. Personally, I'm partial to boys, but if I found a little girl out there that was perfect for me, I'd snatch her up. I would just start your search with an open mind and wait for the perfect pup, boy or girl.
Same here I was always partial to boys as well, but when I saw Cassi I knew she was the one for me. I've been very fortunate that she's has a great personaility and gets along well with everyone. I do have to mention that she tends to be timid around other dogs. So the next furbaby I bring home, will need to be calm and not aggressive...and preferably either smaller then her or same size. Thanks for your input!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
if you have a female already... personally, i would recommend a male. females & females fight a lot more, in general, as to males & males (but not as much as females, in my experiences) males & females generally get along well though.

i've never had a female yorkie but i've had 4 other female dogs in my lifetime and my first male yorkie i have now. i can say my male yorkie is way more lovey & needy of me than the females. he seems easier to train and more willing to listen. he's not AS stubborn and not as moody as my females have been. but i recommend a male! the boys are usually mamas boys (but mine likes men too) and girls seem to be more attached to men.

you always get the odd one where a female acts the same as a male would and vice verse. there's always exceptions and such.

Thanks for the recommendation!!! I think I'm leaning towards getting a male. I just wanted to get some additional info, before I make any final decisions . BTW, do you know if a male would be able to go on a pee pad tray especially since they raise their leg when they pee??

Orion
cpuff35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!