View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 04:17 PM   #4
LuvMySissy
Luv my Angel, too!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugadawgrx View Post
They did the CPL at the ER vet, I believe. May I ask what immune markers were off, because I remember her saying that there were some slight things off with her platelets and red blood cells, but she didnt seem too worried. I really need to get a full copy of all the results. Was Sissy having similar symtoms? Thanks so much!
Actually, Sissy wasn't having symptoms at all. She was diagnosed with pancreatitis in Fall of 2006 after an afternoon of vomiting and an elevated lipase level. She had been doing really well since, so at the year mark, I elected to run the blood tests again and see how she was doing. Her lipase went from 1042 last year to 1677 this year (with normal limits at 100-750). Her MCHC and Lympocytes were elevated and the Nuetrophil Seg was low. According to the nutritionist, these are all immune system markers that are important for something like this. So, then I asked for the specialized panel (what gets tested varies from clinic to clinic based on the lab they use) and that is how we found the rest.

I definitely recommend getting a copy of her results. Sometimes, the vets looks at moderate highs and lows and dismiss them, but they can be really important in some cases for diagnosing other things.

With the low Cobalimin, she is now getting weekly B12 shots until we retest and see how she is doing. She is on a probiotic, vitamineral green, bioliv, lypase and coconut oil. She also gets colostrum before bed. Susan Davis, the nutirtionist we consulted (out of the Arroyo Animal Hospital) with is fantastic. I would highly recommend her. You can usually get a phone consultation scheduled rather quickly. If she thinks it might be something really serious, she will insist on including Dr. Gordon as well (which increases the cost a bit). They are both fabulous and well worth it!!!!

Last edited by LuvMySissy; 12-17-2008 at 04:19 PM.
LuvMySissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!