View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 08:49 AM   #5
bellasmomok
♥ love my girls!! ♥
Donating Member

I have used rawhides , bully sticks, dental Nylabones, edible Nylabones, the super-hard plastic Nylabones, flexible Nylabones, and flossies.

I will never use rawhides again.....they are too dangerous!

I won't ever use bully sticks again either, because though they are safest and Bella loves them, they are so disgusting (plus she has liver issues now too)! She chewed them and instantly they were wet, making a wet, stinky spot wherever she was chewing....my lap!, the couch!...all places I don't want bully stick wet on!

The dental Nylabones (they are blue...like this Nylabone Dental Dog Chew at PETCO) she LOVED but would start chewing the spiny things off pretty quickly, which aren't supposed to be ingested....so I don't buy these anymore either because it's too expensive for her to only get to chew one day and then have to throw away.

Edible Nylabones left her paws gunky (plus whatever she was chewing on)...yuck-o! No more of those either!

Some of the Nylabones aren't flexible....they're super, super hard (most of them say Action Chew in their title I think)!! I don't get these anymore because I don't want her to break a tooth...that would not be good!

The flexible Nylabones are my fave!! (PETCO.com they come separately too, not just in a pack of 2 or 3) AND she's had one since the day I got her that she LOVES and carries around (it's clear, so it's harder for me to find....I'll only get the white ones from now on!) It has no chew marks on it at all, and she has absolutely chewed it to death....but it still looks almost as good as when it was still in the package!

She also loves her flossies! She chews and chews and chews and also tugs and tosses and plays with them! Not only are they a great toy, but they are a great chew too!

So, all she gets for chewing now (besides her toys of course) are Nylabone flexible chews and flossies.

Last edited by bellasmomok; 12-17-2008 at 08:51 AM.
bellasmomok is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!