View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 02:46 PM   #1
my2yorkies31
Yorkie Yakker

Default Muzzles?? yes or no ??

Sorry for all the questions lately but I seriously am at my whits ends here with this dog ... nothing is working .. things were going well .. and now again out of no where its just horrible .. I pay attention to all the signs and Peanut is very playful and will not back down from Precious.. but today Peanut did nothing .. I was petting Precious when I got home from work , she sat and earned it ... Peanut was in her crate just laying there .. and soon as I was done petting Precious she slithered over to the crate and jumped peanut!!! there were definatly NO SIGNALS from Peanut this time whatsoever!! not a look not a growl not anything !! BAM she was on her ! and I wasnt even any where near Peanut which I noticed I seem to be a trigger ?? ......... So any way I just cant do this im sooo fustrated and I feel like im on edge all the time now and am really afriad Peanut is going to get seriously hurt ... So I got a muzzle... Its a mesh one .. not to tight , got it a little big .. so she can still chew drink and whatever , but not open her mouth enuff to put it around Peanuts neck! I just dont know what else to do and I dont kno if this will make aggression worse or better ..... Im going to use it on her when she attacks .. I will take it off .. let them be watch the signs and if she doesnt listen and does attack the muzzle goes on .. Will she associate the 2 ?? she doesnt like it on its obvious .. she becomes very submissive with it on and Peanut is more at ease knowing she wont get hurt .. but I dont want to do more damage then good ....UGH im so confused and conflicted .. But all of you here seem to have such great insight on these yorkies!! Im hoping to get some knowledge here ! I dont want to but it for each of thier own best interest ..... and I have a 3 year old daughter that freaks when they fight so I have to realize this is doing something toher when they fight .. i dont want her to be afraid of dogs........ I just wish there was an easy solution but im up for anything at this point !!!! Thanks in advance .. Noel
my2yorkies31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!