View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 11:16 AM   #13
MeAndMyOlivia
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy_Pants View Post
Oh, thank you all - you all are helping ease my jitters. I will def write down some questions to ask. It upsets me though that I may never know some of the minor details too - like her birthday!!!

-:¦:-
) *
¸.·´ .·´¨¨)) -:|:-
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ ~Shelly *· -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*
I was just getting ready to toss my list of questions that I asked my new rescue's foster mom...maybe there's something on here you haven't thought of. Some sound so petty, and if she hasn't been fostered very long they may simply not know - but keep in mind that most of my questions were not deal-breaker questions, but I wanted to be as informed and prepared as possible to make his transition successful.
* general description of personality (alpha? hyper? laid back? lap dog? nervous or frightened? easy going?)
* does she get along with most people? (any particular sex/age she doesn't get along with?)
* does she get along with other dogs? (since I already had a yorkie)
* is she crate trained?
* is he neutered? (or she spayed)
* does he mark? (just for a boy obviously!)
* is she house trained? (if so, to outside or pee pads?)
* what condition are her teeth in? (dentals are expensive so I wanted to know ahead of time)
* is she on flea preventive?
* is she up to date on shots?
* has she been tested for heartworms and on preventive?
* has she had a general health exam by a vet?
* how does she travel? (carsick?)
* will she walk on a leash?
* does she have any behavorial issues that I should know about? (excessive barking; nipping or biting; food aggression; esp anything that could harm my other dog or my visiting grandkids)
* how does she do with grooming, nail clipping etc?
* what kind of food is she used to? any known digestive or sensitivity problems?

Hope this helps! Let us know what you end up doing!

Last edited by MeAndMyOlivia; 12-16-2008 at 11:19 AM.
MeAndMyOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!