View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 04:34 AM   #9
yavenay
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I rescued my little Brandi about two months ago. She is a 7 yr old 5lb yorkie. She was also used for breeding and due to neglect she has also lost teeth and her hair had to be cut off. She is a very well behaved dog except for the occassional accident when I am not at home. She took to me immediately. So far she has no major behavioral problems. She is starting to play more. When I get home from work we play tag in the house. She runs up to me then I wrestle with her a little bit then she takes off again. I called her and she comes running full speed. We do this for about 15 minutes or so then she while I am piddling around the she follows me around. When I start dinner she just lays in her bed and falls asleep.

I know for me, I am glad I made the decision to adopt her. I don't have any children except for my Brandi and my cat Zoey so it was easy for her to adapt. There's not a lot of activity going on in my house less noise to startled her. I had to teach her to walk on a leash because she had never been walked before. She used to get scared whenever a car rode by. Now she loves walking and it doesn't scared her at all anymore. We are still working on the housetraining but I am extremely patient and have plenty of hope. But truth be told, even she never gets housetrained I would still keep her. I have had pets my whole life.....and that's just part of owning them. However I am keeping my fingers crossed that Brandi will learned not to go in the house when I am not at home. Persistence and patience is key.

My Brandi actually has cost me about 1200 dollars in medical bills because of the neglect. Her teeth was 771 dollars alone. Totally caught me off guard so that is something to think about. Definitely establish a savings for her medical needs. I had the money and it was so worth it. She is now very healthy and extremely full of life. We have a routine and she is adjusting just fine. She doesn't love riding in a car but when she does she just climbs in the seat and after a few minutes she calms down.
Good luck on your adoption. And just remember they will need a lot of love and patience.
yavenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!