View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 08:21 PM   #1
kionini
YT 500 Club Member

Red face How to potty train one, while the other is already trained??

I've been looking and have found nothing on this subject. Can any one help? My 6 month old girl is almost fully potty trained. She goes outside rain or shine. In the last month she's had only one accident and that was daddy's fault. He neglected to read her whining correctly (he thought she was just bored ).

We adopted a 4 month old boy almost a week ago. Though the breeder said he was potty trained, I doubt it. When I introduced the wee-wee pad, he just lay on it. He doesn't mind sleeping, eating or playing on it while it's dirty. He was afraid to go on any floor that is not inside the house, so I'm thinking he was locked in a crate all this time and was never taken outside.

Though things are easier because my girl is slowly bringing him out of his fear shell and showing him how fun it is to go outside with her, etc. I'm worried that my girl will start to go inside again. In other words, that he'll throw my training of her out the window. My girl looks at me every time he does it on the couch, pillows, any where as if asking me, "is this ok? What are you going to do about this?."

I have crated him to show him that is not okay. But it feels cruel, my girl wants him out and it seems to be making him very competitive with her. How can I train him? Is it possible to do it with out separating them? Or treating them too differently, which seems to be creating a friction between them already because she gets a treat when she does things the way mommy likes, but he doesn't because he hasn't earned it.

I don't want him to think that he'll get a treat just because. What do you think?
kionini is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!