View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 08:01 PM   #1
Fancy_Pants
YT 500 Club Member

Question Possibly adopting a yorkie from a shelter - Advice needed

Hi, my name is Shelly and I joined a few days ago. I have never owned a yorkie before but have always wanted one since I was a little girl. I have been searching petfinder.com lately and recently seen a little girl in a shelter that was rescued. Her petfinder description reads, "She is a 7 yr. old, and weighs about 10 lbs. She has spent her life as a breeder, and deserves now to have a loving home. She is good with other dogs. Please consider this sweet girl when you are ready to adopt."
I called about her Saturday and they said she is really sweet and good with kids. They also told me that she will need to have some teeth pulled due to her lack of care before. I have fell in love with her picture and have yet to meet her.

Can anyone fill me in on what I should know about adopting a yorkie with her past - things I could/should expect? I do have 4 young children - ages 9, 5, 3 and 2. (although they are all about to turn a year older over the next three months My 5 yr old is a cancer warrior as we speak but all of his chemo is now outpatient and we are coming to the end of his 2 yr treatment plan after the first of the year and I am a stay at home mom so I am home alot. I would hope that she would love to ride in the car and be carried in a carrier so that she can go everywhere possible. I'm just hoping to get some advice or opinions. They just didn't tell me alot over the phone and I know meeting her will help too but if I could get as much info before hand I'm hoping I won't feel so nervous about her past... Thanks for reading!

-:¦:-
) *
¸.·´ .·´¨¨)) -:|:-
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ ~Shelly *· -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*
Fancy_Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!