View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 05:09 PM   #1
johnson12
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Housebreaking...I'm desperate for a solution!

I am feeling hopeless!! My Ralphie is going to be 6 months old on Christmas, and he is still having accidents. Mostly pee, and it seems to be about 1-2 times a week. He knows its wrong b/c he immediately puts his ears back and looks so upset about it. We take him outside immediately and thoroughly clean up the mess...but he is still doing it. The part that I don't get is that he will hold it all day while we are at work, but in the evening, even if we are on him and take him out constantly, he will find a moment to squat and pee. Our lab was trained within weeks, so this is very hard for us to deal with. Ralph even seems to be holding for longer when we are around. So, even if I put him out every hour he will only pee every 3 hours or so.

When its time for a potty break I excitedly say, "Who has to go out??" and he knows to run to the door. I say potty and he pees outside. Once we get back inside he knows he gets a treat...Why is he still peeing in the house?? I just want him to succeed, and it feels like its taking forever! I will take any advice that I can get. Thanks so much!

p.s. potty pads are completely out of the question.
johnson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!