View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 04:23 PM   #1
gkathleenw
YT Addict

Confused Whats important in food? Protein, Fat, Fiber%?

Ok, I know their is A Lot of posts out their about different dog foods and what foods people think are "healthy, good or natural". But what I want to know is what makes a good food? How do you know what your looking for? At the top of the Yorkie Health and Diet Thread, their is a sticky about Super premium pet food lists. I went through each and everyone and called and asked for samples. (by the way, thank you for that list, LOTS of FREE samples) Now that I have all of the samples, I am really just doing taste test with my babies to see what they like and don't like. But what do you look for in the analysis? Do you want the highest crude protein? The highest crude fat? Lowest crude fiber? Is their certain ingredients you want to stay away from? I don't know what I'm looking for and I need help! Please!

P.S. I'm not looking for people to tell me names of different brands that are good foods. I want to know why they might be good foods and what to look for. I am also just talking about kibble, unless you can tell me what might be better in soft or home made.

Thanks for your help!

Gail
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!