View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 08:11 AM   #2
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

It sounds to me like the owners of sire to your male might never have sent in a dna sample of their male after he qualified as a frequently used sire. You definitely should contact AKC and find out what they say. If you cannot get proper papers on your male then you would not be able to register them with AKC. You could get papers with some of the other registries like apr or ckc but many people frown on those registries.

Also, don't let your dogs fool you. They will get up in the middle of the night and try to breed. It just takes you taking your eyes off of them for a few minutes for a tie to occur. It can happen really fast, especially for experienced males. I feel that it is always best to be right there with them if a tie occurs or the female can go a little crazy when the male ties her. I would suggest the male wears a belly band and the female wears panties when you have them loose together. Even with them wearing those they can undress each other so that is not fool proof. My advise is for you to get a little x-pen and just let them take turns staying in the x-pen, especially if you are not right there with them. It is good for them to start getting used to an x-pen anyway because if your female has puppies they will have to be separated. I do wish you the best of luck.
bjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!