View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 01:14 PM   #5
Dara311
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaAmore View Post
Hi everyone. Just an update on Bella's Spaying and her false pregnancy. Last month my Bella was scheduled to be spayed. She had gone into heat in early September, 3 weeks short of her first birthday ( I wanted to get her spayed before her first heat but it just didn't work out that way). She had been kind of lethargic through the 3 week heat period and didn't really return to her crazy, happy little self afterwards ( we didn't really think much about it just thought she was growing up and slowing down on her crazy puppiness). We brought her to the vet to be spayed it was a rough day we didn't wan't to leave her. Shortly afterward the vet called and asked me if there was a possiblity of her being pregnant. I said no. He said well she is in a false pregnancy then. We can spay her or do it another time, but she was already under anesthesia. I was upset but told him to spay her now because I didn't want her to have to undergo this again. He did, and said her female organs were extremely enlarged. So she stayed overnight and we picked her up early the next day. She of course was so pitiful and in pain. We babied her and nursed her back to health. Now 3 weeks later. She is zipping around the house like her usual old puppy self playing tuggy and fetch with everyone who comes to the door. I feel bad and now realize how she was just feeling miserable for the past 3 months. And we just didn't understand it. Feel so bad.

Fiona had the same thing! however they didnt leave her overnight, but i'm glad she is feeling better!!!! fiona got spayed on 11/25 and she is doing PERFECTLY now! She will be fine!!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!