View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 01:02 PM   #14
Moses
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley V View Post
I was watching It's Me or the Dog the other day and I'm glad I did! It was dealing with an issue that I needed help on... hopefully it's a sign. See, Smokey LOVES to run... he would run all day if he could and I'd love to watch him run, but it's hard to give him any freedom because he doesn't listen pretty much at all when he's off leash. Well, I think her technique might work with him... of course, it's gonna take me a couple months I think. She said to get a long training leash, so it's almost like he's off leash, but not really, and get a whistle, and a squeaky toy or something he'd be really interested in getting. Let him run where ever he wants but whistle, say his name and the command, then reward him when he comes and repeat the process. That way he learns that he can still have fun, but will be rewarded when he listens. What do you think? Anyone use this?
I watched that show to. Trust me it works. I love her show and Ceasar's.
These little yorkies are very smart. I tried the same thing. Now my boy knows come here but he doesn't always listens. He will come half way and turn around. We'll i had a treat in my hand and he knew it. Everytime I said come here he came a running..lol
I have also taught him how to shake in 2 days. They will do whatever you want if you are feeding them treats.

Moses' Page Mommy lubs you very much!!
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!