Thread: Liver Shunt
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 05:43 AM   #13
nhsean69
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan
In that situation, if the breeder refuses to stop breeding a known defective pairing... I would let the AKC know though they will probably not be able to do much. I would also alert the local kennel clubs and breed clubs and post the facts of the situation and information regarding an irresponsible breeder here and anywhere possible to alert people to the fact that this is not a person to buy a puppy from. If you have the pedigree information on your pup it would be a kindness to share the names of the dogs involved, to help others that may have dogs they are considering breeding from the same lines. If you need help finding the links to local organizations, post your location on here and we will find them for you.
Thank you for your help. I am located in Nashua, NH. We got the puppy from a Kennel out in Arizona (ill keep the name to myself for now as i dont want to slander them if they decide to own up to this) They sent us AKC registration info, so i would guess they are affiliated with them or promote them or whatever.

Puppy Update:

Vet called to let us know that Ty's acid test came back at a level of 60 ... .......The surgery will be around $1500 and we are approved for a interest free Care Card loan to pay for it, so we are going to go ahead with it, provided the ultrasound shows where the shunt is and the Vet provides us with a good report. I am going after the Breeder for the cost of the Puppy $875 flwon into us and to get them to pay the $810 for the vet bills for the last 2 days. I will work down from there. Plan on offering them to send us the Puppy fee upfront and then pay us the rest when they can aslong as we can pay off the Care Card within the intrest free time frame.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!