View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 11:20 AM   #10
Ashley V
♥ Chip ♥ Smokey ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbao View Post
it sounds to me like your little guy doesnt really respect you as his leader you need to let him know that you are the boss not him. also that you will allow him to have fun it just has to be within your rules. everyone says to give these dogs nothing but praise. that is great to teach them that way but when you are trying to teach them you need to let them know what is unacceptabel too weather you have to put them in the kennel for a five minute time out or something. i dont recomend physically disiplining them but they need to comprehend what is wrong. you need to let him know that even thought he thinks he is the boss he isnt. once you have fully taken the roll of leader he will come back when you want him to come and call his name.
I think you are partly right. He KNOWS I'm the leader IN the house, but as soon as we are outside... he rules. He listens wonderfully inside. All I have to say is "Smoookey" in that certain tone and he knows to stop doing whatever it is that he's doing and if he's REALLY in trouble, he rolls over and submits. He has gotten better about listening outside in our fenced in yard and he's done a lot better too since we've gotten the gentle leader.

Karley Marissa born 1/20/12 weighing 8 lbs 11 oz and 21.5 inches long
Ashley V is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!