Thread: Liver Shunt
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 05:09 AM   #12
sylvan
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhsean69
Is there anything i can do as far as making 100% sure that the breeder does not breed the puppies parents again? Notify AKC or any other orginzations, if so what ones? I have a feeling things might get nasty between the breeder and I so if he is not willing to take responsibility for this, then he probably wont stop breeding them.

No word on lil Ty yet as of 8:45am EST, we are expecting a call from the vet anytime now. ::fingers crossed::
In that situation, if the breeder refuses to stop breeding a known defective pairing... I would let the AKC know though they will probably not be able to do much. I would also alert the local kennel clubs and breed clubs and post the facts of the situation and information regarding an irresponsible breeder here and anywhere possible to alert people to the fact that this is not a person to buy a puppy from. If you have the pedigree information on your pup it would be a kindness to share the names of the dogs involved, to help others that may have dogs they are considering breeding from the same lines. If you need help finding the links to local organizations, post your location on here and we will find them for you.
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!