View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 12:32 PM   #1
DarbyD53
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Can't Figure It Out

Hello all. This is my first post here but I've been visiting the page for over 6 months now.

I have a 2 year old Yorkie her name is Rory.

Rory got Parvo back in May but made it just fine, buti t was the first time anything had been wrong with her so now I am a nervous wreck anytime anything happens to her.

She was in heat the first weeks of October and it seems since then she hasn't been much of a eater. Right as she came out of heat she had a bloody mucus passing so I took off to the vet and he said it could've been nothing at all, her test showed nothing. Well after that for about 2-3 days she wouldn't touch her dry food. She was interested in human food but not her food, so we stopped with the human food all together and tried to make her eat the dry, she wouldnt so we got her a different brand and she ate it ok for a day or two. It got to the point though she would throw up yellow about 1-2 times every week the entire month of November and from everything I had researched it seemed like hungry throw up. It was usually early in the morning or in the evening after we got home if she hadnt ate anything that morning.

Well use to she's eat anything and as much as you would let her but now she want even eat a cooked egg or some of her old favorites. and her throwing up is getting more common. About 5 times these past 7-8 days. Sometiems she'll eat like she's hungry and the next time she wont touch her food.

Also she's been drinking a lot more the past month but I think it's due to running the heat since we've had a early blast of winter this year.

Well this morning she went to the bathroom and I spotted what looked like a small clear rubber band on top of her stool. I took a touchpick and moved it off the stool and from what I can tell and guess it was a worm. I've looked a lot online and saw that a lot of her problems might be related to worms.

She is about to go to the vet, my wife is taking her, but i was just wondering what you guys think about her?
DarbyD53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!