View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 10:15 AM   #4
lemonlauren
YT Addict

Thanks. :-) You guys really make me feel better! Took a stool sample in to the vet yesterday, and they said he still had the coccidia in his poo, so it's not just the meds... but we are giving him a tiny bit of yogurt once a day in between the meds anyways. I can tell he's getting better, gradually. Extreme wilder-than-spring-break potty parties happen outside immediately after any pooping or peeing outside... we've gotten many weird looks from neighbors and passerbys.

Lolasmom, I hadn't really thought of all this sickness quite in that way, with the special bonding... I suppose that makes sense though. In a twisted kind of way, I guess that's the little silver lining to my whole buying from a byb experience (which I have definitely learned my lesson from and will never do again!!!!).

Thanks again for indulging my pity party, lol. I feel a lot better this morning - he's curled up on my lap as I type this, just after a poop and a pee that happened outside. :-)

Lauren & Nikko

PS: We bought a really cool looking bell that's meant for a parrot cage, and we've finally given him access to the room with the going-outside door in it, so I think we're going to start working on bell training. I have high hopes for this ingenious bell-ringing idea I've heard so much about. :-)

Last edited by lemonlauren; 12-10-2008 at 10:18 AM.
lemonlauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!