View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 10:19 PM   #1
lemonlauren
YT Addict

Default Not his fault our ours, but still feel awful...

I know it's dumb, and I really shouldn't for LOTS of different reasons, but I still feel suddenly overwhelmed and bad. :-(

Nikko is still on coccida meds, and is still pooping soft-serve all the time, and we are still washing his butt after every poop and bleaching and washing everything all the time... so first of all, that is really wearing us down - it's been over two weeks of doing that at this point now. On top of that, the poor guy has kennel cough too, and did have giardia but it looks like we got rid of that. But the great thing was that we had been so good about taking him out and watching him all the time, that he hadn't had a single potty accident in the house for over a week! That changed today though...

We had him out, and he peed and had a huge poop, so after we washed him up and cleaned up, we were playing with him in his little area. He was so happy! Then he suddenly ran into his crate we had sitting out and open for him, and he squirted out another big poop, inside the crate. :-(

Like I said, I know this really isn't our fault because we'd just had him out and this should have been "safe" fun time, and I know it wasn't his fault because he's still so young and new to us, and he's also sick with the poops on top of that. But after over a week of totally magical no-indoor-accidents time, I still feel a little crushed.

I think I'm just overwhelmed and tired. It's hard to care for a brand new puppy, and even harder to care for one who's sick.

I'm not really looking for suggestions or anything... I just wanted to vent a little. :-( I'm sure after a night's sleep, I'll feel better again in the morning. I can't wait until he can make solid little turds. And even more than that, I can't wait until he happily deposits them reliably outside on his own. Gosh I love him so much though, no matter what.

Lauren & Nikko

Last edited by lemonlauren; 12-09-2008 at 10:22 PM. Reason: fried brain
lemonlauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!