View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 08:45 PM   #1
EmrldShdwQueen
No Longer a Member

Question Pregnancy and Raw Food

Maddie is due with her very last litter in January...I wasn't going to breed her again but I want a little girl out of her so badly, and I gave her only girl from her last litter to someone that had lost theirs because she was the only female puppy I had at the time. She did great with her last pregnancy and had all 4 of her pups in less than 1 hour, so I decided to do it one last time...but regardless of what she has...even if she has no little girls, this is still her last one and I'll just have to settle for keeping a little boy.

ANYWAYS, Maddie eats NV raw medallions because I starting feeding them to my little spayed girl DeDe to put some weight on her, and Maddie got jealous and started following me into the room when I snuck DeDe's to her. SO to make a long story short I had to start feeding her the raw too. I leave down Innova Evo dry all day...which they nibble on. But my question is...should I be either making her eat puppy food or supplementing her with something else since she is eating the raw during her pregnancy? My females always eat dry puppy...no matter what. Maddie is obviously the exception...but I would hate to take away her raw completely because she adores it and begs for it. However, if it's important that she get other things into her diet during the pregnancy, I want to make sure she gets those too.

Does anyone have any experience with this or have any suggestions? Thanks!
EmrldShdwQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!