Thread: Breeder Fraud?
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 06:35 PM   #1
SaraC
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Omg Breeder Fraud?

I've always had dogs. Until a few months ago, we had 2 dogs from the Humane Soc (50-60 lbs, brother & sister) and our Yorkie, Faithie. Our larger male died in Aug, leaving his sister Molly and little Faithie. Molly is 10 and Faithie is 9. Since Faithie has never been alone, we wanted to get another animal so that when Molly dies, Faithie will have a companion.

We ended up with a SUPPOSED yorkie pup that was 5-6 months. We got him from a girl in grad school (her mom is in my yoga class) who could not keep him because once summer was over she was never home. She said she got him from a "breeder" and gave us the pre-printed registration to register him with the AKC. Now Faithie was AKC, but we never registered her because all we wanted was a pet and we were not going to show her. So I've seen these forms before, with the Sire, Dam, litter number, etc. etc. on them. I still have part of it, so I know this "breeder" name. I've seen a lot of pictures of yorkies, and been to a bunch of all-breed dog shows, and known people with yorkies - I think this dog is a yorkie-poo or a "morkie" or something. He is very large (almost 10 lbs), with a long nose and small eyes that are too far apart. He is much longer in the body than I think a yorkie should be.

When I first saw him with my husband and son I thought he was a little "off" but I didn't say anything because they just fell in love with him - and that's fine - but I'm really upset that there is someone out there selling pups as AKC registerable yorkies that most likely aren't. They should not be allowed to do that - am I right? I don't know what to do. I can't find a phone number for the person on the registration, but I have an address. Do I go there (it's about 45 minutes from where I live) and knock on the door and start pointing fingers? Am I too idealistic? Are AKC bloodlines all muddled up now anyway? I've been thinking about this a lot, and I'm not sure what to do. Anybody have any advice?
SaraC is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!