Thread: Bathing??
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 05:50 PM   #21
bonitachicamd
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default my lil yorkie hates bath time ...HELP

I have a 7month old lil girl yorkie and I got her at 8weeks. I started bathing her right away in the sink, and from day one she has hated it. I have tried sink, bath tub, small pool, using the removable shower head, a cup, bath mat, towel, pretty much everything. She kicks all 4 legs like shes swimming or tryin to fly. I can totally relate to the one thread up that, that someone said at the end ur drenched from head to toe. I have tried bathin with her. I stay calm in body language and voice and give her her favorite treats. Also I wanted to ask about her coat. She has a black body just recently a lil gray hairs mixed throughout(looks like someone who is just startin to get grays that has black hair, paws are golden, and her face is mainly golden with mostly gray on top,and golden/black ears. Like I said before she is 7 months. Does anybody know what her final colors will be as well as what kind of coat. She has to be brushed at least once a day. She doesnt mat, but gets tangles. I wouldnt say her hair feels like silk, but its not too rough. I use Bobbi Bebe puppy shampoo/conditioner combo, and bath once a week. She has gotten one puppy bath, and one hair cut at petsmart beg. of october. They did a puppy cut/shave and took off skirt, so im trying to let grow out, but starting to look straggly. Im lettin the hair right above her eyes grow out to the length of the hair on top of head to put in bow. I use lil clips to hold back now. She also gets a lot of junk in her eyes..any suggestions. I know its a lot, but this is my first dog/yorkie and I love her to death and want the best. Thanks in advance!!

Lilly's mommy
bonitachicamd is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!