Thread: i failed
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 06:26 PM   #2
eensor
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orinskye
tonight i had a grammar test and i think i failed miserably. I talked to the professor before class (my friend too, she is as clueless as i am in that class) and he actually talked to my friend, but gave me the cold shoulder. I raised my hand to ask what certain words on teh test meant and he would say "those are key words from your text, we did those the day you were absent"...... i missed ONE day because of my WISDOM TEETH!!!! and he kept pointing that out, when we first wlaked up to him and said we were clueless he said "i know what her problem is... she was absent that one day"... i felt like he was trying to humiliate me or rub it in, it was awful.
When i asked him what the words meant during the test and he gave me that really short snide answere i serioulsy wanted to cry. He did offer to refer us to tutors (no 1 i cant afford one... no 2 even if it was a free one i dont have the time). he also offered to let us come up and discuss the text during office hours (HELLO, i work full time AND go to school full time!!!! AND when im not doing that i am studying or cleaning the house/laundrey )... im sorry, i am just really upset. I cant afford to fail this class, i am supposed to graduate in januaruy and this is a requirement of graduation

Maybe you didn't fail! I admire you for working and going to school at the same time! That's rough and you are to be commended for doing it! That was an egotistical dumbass answer to your question too! I've taught at the college level and I always tried to help my students and treat them kindly! What a jerk!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!