View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 03:57 PM   #9
Moses
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Smile Hi

I watched me and the Dog and the lady Victoria I believe it is taught the dog how to stop barking. Watch the dog shows they are very helpful for training issues.
She basically was very stern and told the dog silent. When he stopped barking when she said SILENT she gave him a treat. This way he learned what Silent mean't and this helped him to stop barking.
As far as the wet food it can be bad for their teeth to eat this all the time. The breed can have problems with their teeth anyways if you do not brush them. The hard food and hard toys help to keep their teeth clean.
I would try taking the wet food away all together for a while. He should eat when he gets hungry. You might want to get a few dog samples of dry dog food to see what he likes. Yorkies can be very picky. I use EVO and my baby loves it. I used to used Pedigree and wanted to switch to a better food.
and yes dogs can get anxiety, but we all have to work. He will have to learn that you will have to leave daily for work. My boy does fine during the day and he is sure glad to see me when I get home. You might want to google the breed there is alot of good information out there to help you learn about this breed of dog.

Good Luck.

Moses' Page Mommy lubs you very much!!
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!