View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 01:49 PM   #13
Darlin Beauxs
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Oh, and I would tell him that this gift was from you, to him, and from the heart. The cost does not matter if he cannot get you something of the same value, tell him you picked a gift that you knew he would enjoy, and use.

Holidays can bring out the best/worst in people. Husband and I came from not-so-wealthy families, but mine was a little better, just because I had a father, he didn't. My grandmother had a huge role in raising us, and since she had lived thru the depression, and had raised 4 children of her own, she was a "Practical Gift Giver" We mostly got clothes, and only a few toys.

I am still a practical gift giver to this day. I just bought husband new slippers, and some windsuits for him to wear on his days off/to the gym. I also bought him a video game he asked for. I had to stop buying him socks and underwear (things we received) because he made fun of me so much for it LOL. We just viewed this as "re-stocking time" LOL

Husband is going to buy any and everything he has heard me mention I like, or think is cute, over the past year. Seriously. I have learned to really reel in my comments, I have ended up with the kitchen aid mixer and other gadgets I would have preferred to just lust over vs. have the cabinet clutter.
Darlin Beauxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!