View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 01:14 PM   #5
bilbao
Yorkie Yakker

i wouldnt even bother with the pee pads because its just going to get shreaded by the pup anyways. best thing to do is to just take them out every two hours and stay out there with them and keep repeating "go potty" or something you would prefer to say and as soon as they go reward them and praise them. i have a yorkie-poo and a yorkie and i will tell you from my experiance my yorkie-poo was much quicker to catch on. now that they are older we let them out in the morning, lunch, dinner, and right before bed. i go out with them and say go potty and both of them will go right where they are when i say it. also if they are still sniffing around outside let them finish smelling because they will go more than once my male will go about 8 times if we let him just stay out as long as he wants. my female (the yorkie-poo) will go 3-4 times each time we let them out. now that they know the system they run out do their thing and then come back in. i am to the point where i can just crack the door for them to run out and they just come back in on their own will. so i guess it is time to get a doggy door and let them go out as they please. i hope this helps and keep in mind while they are inside for the two hours before you let them out again you need to keep a close eye on them and if you cant then it is in the kennel they go. PM me if you have any other problems. we tried everything with our yorkie.
bilbao is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!