View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 12:46 PM   #6
Dara311
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mybabyjasmine View Post
I'm bringing my puppies to get spayed and neutered tomorrow. I get him back that afternoon but they're keeping my baby overnight to make sure everythings ok. I'm the type of person who thinks the worst of things. So i'm sitting here distracted from my schoolwork thinking about all of the things that could go wrong tomorrow with her spay. I know i'm overreacting but i'm nervous. Can anyone ease my fears and tell me about getting their puppy spayed. What should i expect from her when she gets home? She's a really energetic little girl so im not sure how to keep her from not jumping and hurting the healing process. She also hates being in her cage so i think keeping her in there is going to cause more harm than good but i'm not sure what else to do. ughh someone help me calm down a little.

Thanks!

Take a deep breathe...I went through this with Fiona 2 weeks ago today.!
I would definatly tell you to get pre bloodwork done to make sure your babies are fine and can handle being under anthesia, Neutering is an easy process, and is not as invassie as a spay. your going to have to leash walk only for about 7 days, you will probably have an antibiotic to give for about 5 days...you will have to keep the incision dry and clean, no jumping, no running, very low key for about 7 days. i put a shirt on fiona while she was in the healing process, and she never licked at it once. you will probably want to offer just a little bit of food/water and see if they keep it down, if they do, offer a little more...good luck
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!