Thread: Neutering
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 09:29 AM   #8
Dara311
YT 2000 Club Member

Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiemom08 View Post
Hello everyone ... I'm having Paco neutered on Dec. 22nd and my vet also wants to run blood work, I'm just wondering if that necessary? Also if anyone can give me any tips on what to expect when he comes home after the surgery ... such as temperment, how long to keep the cone over his head, how to feed him (do I take the cone off?), etc. Any and all tips are appreciated. My vet also told me that he will be staying over night ... that's going to be very hard for me
I would get the bloodwork done, just to make sure he is healthy, and that he will be able to handle the anthesia. They may not give him a cone, neutering is a fairly simple process, and not as invassive as spaying, spaying can take about 15-30min, and a neuter can be about 5-10 min. Fiona got to come home with me the same day, but it may however be benefical to you to keep him over night, that way they will really montior him, and keep him quiet, might be a blessing in disguise for you! i was the same way when fiona get spayed, and i was a vet tech for 7 yrs! go figure! its been 2 weeks today since her spay and she has been fine! when you bring him home, make sure you leash walk ONLY for 7 days, probably give meds for 5 days, and just keep it dry, clean, and no jumping!!! good luck!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!