View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 08:20 AM   #1
labrown
T&T-DYNOMITE!
Donating Member

Default Not so thrilled with my not so DBF!

I bought my BF the World of Warcraft game and two expansion packs for Xmas. I got them about 2 weeks ago and had been planning on getting them for him for months. He is always playing free games online and I have caught him playing the WoW free trial many times. So, I thought, what a great way to get him out of my hair while I'm doing homework, and also I knew it would be something he really loves.
Little preface, he is so stubborn about people getting things for him. My mom wanted to buy him boots for Xmas this year and he argued for a week until she just said ok, if you want to argue fine, but that means these are the boots you are getting and now you have no say in the matter.
So last night he says to me, "Will you do me a favor?" and I said, "what's the favor?" He wouldn't tell me, so I wouldn't say yes or no. We went around like this for about 45 minutes (Immature, I know ) until he just pulled my gift receipts out of my hiding place in my purse and said "Take them back." He RUINED the surprise, and turned down a gift I had put a lot of thought into. ALSO, my brother was going to get him some additions to the game because he knew i had bought it for the BF, so that will be spoiled too if I decide to take it back.
I am so frustrated with him because I feel that he has been ungrateful and has turned his back on my family's generosity multiple times now. He also chose to do this at 1 am when I had been up for hours studying for my finals tomorrow. He KNOWS I am swamped with homework and I just need him to leave me alone for a while so I can get it all done (hence why I bought him the game). AND, my birthday is in just a few days, and I feel like he spoiled that for me too. Instead of thinking about having a good time and enjoying anything I get, I am thinking of how he turned down my gift, and now I don't want anything from him. GRR! I don't know what to do. I wanted him to have this gift, but the way he behaved about it makes me want to return it and not get him anything.
What do you think ladies? Am I overreacting? Do you think he is looking a gift horse in the mouth? I need second opinions.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!